The Director of Client Delivery is responsible for both strategic and tactical leadership for the Client Services Department. S/he manages a Client Services team located in the corporate office and team members operating in remote locations in the US and abroad. The team is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of 4R solutions and client relations. As such, except for business-related travel, it’s expected the Director of Client Delivery will work on-site at the Berwyn corporate office so as to work closely with the internal 4R teams on a daily basis. The Director of Client Services operates at the strategic level to accomplish the goals and objectives of 4R. S/he works directly with the Vice President of Delivery to ensure that short-term and intermediate business objectives are defined in specific, measurable and achievable ways for the team. S/he works closely with internal cross-disciplinary teams to foster a collaborative approach to deliver exceptional client services.
Client Relationship Management and Development Responsibilities:
- Work with the client’s senior leadership, operational teams and 4R Client Service Managers and Representatives to understand and support specific business goals for the clients
- Work well with clients to foster a strong client relationship; includes: building trust and maintaining credibility through insightful discussion and a demonstrated understanding of the client’s business needs; developing plans and processes for each client to develop relationships at multiple touch points in the retailer’s organization with a focus on how 4R can help
- Evaluate composition of the client base with Client Managers and Representatives in order to identify growth opportunities within client accounts
- For key client’s, develop and execute plans to provide periodic on-site visits for account updates and working sessions at least twice a year
- Work with VP of Delivery in building a business development strategy inclusive of processes and services that support business growth with existing and prospective clients
- Develop and execute plans to identify and map account organizations and key stakeholders
Departmental Operations Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, direction and urgency to be responsive and ensure timely completion of key client initiatives
- Enhance and develop workflows and processes for delivery of client services at consistently high levels
- Establish and communicate service metrics; monitor and analyze results; and implement appropriate changes
- Identify any existing gaps in client services processes and procedures, and recommend and document solutions to increase efficiency and optimize delivery of client services
- Ensure the department is equipped with the required technological systems, support and training
- Serve as a key advocate in the design and development of tools and technology from a client perspective
- Enhance the efficiency and quality of service delivery through effective coordination and communication across disciplines and departments
- Define and oversee the design, implementation and analysis of reports and key metrics in order to set and monitor service standards, identify trends and easily identify areas of improvement
HR and Financial Responsibilities:
- Prepare and report on department’s annual budget (headcount plan, expenditures associated with marketing and client outreach)
- Manage expenses to an established budget/plan
- Establish a staffing structure and maintain proper staffing levels to ensure work assignments are completed on schedule with attention to quality standards, business priorities and overall company goals
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback according to clearly defined performance expectations that translate into job satisfaction and increased levels of employee engagement
- Design a departmental training and development program focused on individual employee development in support of retention, career aspirations and future company growth
The Director of Client Delivery reports directly to the Vice President of Delivery and requires strategic account management, client relationship / account management and operational organizational skills, with the ability to move from strategies to tactical tasks as required.
Requirements of the Position
Client Service Experience
- 7 – 10 years’ client management, operations, and team management experience at a senior level. Experience supporting retailers in supply chain, retail merchandising or buying, or similar functions. Also, prior engagement in business strategy, technology, and customer relationship management.
- Demonstrated ability to set clear and measurable team objectives and goals and hold staff accountable
- Strategic thinker who is continuously looking for ways to drive growth and improve processes and business practices
- Proven track record in generating/growing new business and driving client relationships
- Excellent leadership, sales, client service, analytical, problem solving and mentorship skills
Analytical/ Technical Experience
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong math skills
- Ability to learn 4R Systems’ solutions sufficiently to provide clients with guidance and insight in interpreting our deliverables and managing their business
- Bachelor’s degree with business-related focus, or comparable experience in a retail or consulting organization
Other Skills and Experience
- Ability to shift gears and reprioritize with minimal direction from management
- Capable of working well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Willing to work as needed to get the job done and travel when required
- Ability to communicate effectively and resolve conflicts, both orally and in writing with both internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal, telephone and written communication skills
- 25% – 30% of time spent on-site with clients
All candidates for employment at 4R Systems are subject to a background investigation including, without limitation, a criminal record search. All offers of employment are contingent on acceptable results of the background investigation as the Company determines in its sole discretion. While the mere existence of a criminal record is not used by 4R Systems to exclude persons from employment, the nature of this position requires that the candidate not have a record of criminal conviction.
About 4R Systems, Inc.
4R Systems provides retailers with cutting edge services that optimize key inventory and supply chain decisions. 4R delivers solutions to retailers in a Software-as-a-Service model (SaaS) in which retailers deliver weekly data to 4R, 4R runs various analytics and optimizations on the data, and 4R returns data to the retailer that is used to set store and DC inventory levels, vendor orders, and markdown pricing.