Located in Berwyn, PA, 4R Systems is a leading provider of advanced inventory and supply chain services which help retailers gain significantly increased profits by optimizing their inventory and related supply chain decisions. Founded by supply chain experts from The Wharton School and Harvard Business School, 4R provides capabilities that profit optimize the matching of supply and demand. From initial launch, through replenishment to end-of-life for products ranging from short-lived fashion items to long-term staples, 4R provides retailers with services that fit their business. Clients using 4R have seen increases in profitability of 1 – 2 % of sales as a result of higher sales levels on lowered inventory.
All candidates for employment at 4R Systems are subject to a background investigation including, without limitation, a criminal record search. All offers of employment are contingent on acceptable results of the background investigation as the Company determines in its sole discretion. While the mere existence of a criminal record is not used by 4R Systems to exclude persons from employment, the nature of this position requires that the candidate not have a record of criminal conviction.
The Product Manager discovers and documents product requirements as well as existing behavior based on interactions with clients, prospects, and internal stake holders. The Product Manager also works directly with product managers and developers to direct development efforts using Agile/Scrum methodology. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Facilitate requirements gathering and user story workshops.
- Conduct gap analysis of business requirements and create templates or other artifacts to prevent gaps in the future.
- Create user stories, use case diagrams, value stream maps, acceptance criteria, personas, object role models, etc. to communicate detailed product requirements.
- Work closely with 4R development teams and Third Party Vendors to ensure user requirements and stories are well understood and developed accordingly.
- Facilitate user experience sessions with multiple business teams and document feedback to improve the overall results of the solutions.
- Facilitate sprint ceremonies including scheduling sprint demos and daily scrums with development team.
- Identify software development team impediments and assist in removing them.
- Communicate product features and behavior to Solutions and Delivery teams.
- Leverage deep understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies to lead project teams as both a scrum master and project manager.
- Discover and document business critical procedures and product behavior.
Requirements of the Position:
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies, playing the role of product owner or scrum master effectively.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a retail or supply chain environment
- Minimum of 3 years working directly with software engineering teams
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced performance-oriented environment.
- Understanding of both the technical and business sides of the product, including end user needs and competitive positioning of our solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, relationship building and negotiating skills.
- Experience synthesizing all market data into meaningful requirements to drive rapid development efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technology field
- Advanced business degree (MBA preferred).
Other Skills/ Experience
- CSM or CSP certification.
- Familiarity with Web services and other API concepts.
- Ability to establish trust and confidence with business stakeholders.
- Experience working within an Agile organization.